Monday, August 9, 2010

{stuck in a hard spot}

So I have had to put some things on hold for a little while due to work location issues, so I apologize for putting everyone off for so long. This last weekend my husband and I did get all my shop tools and put them in an enclosed trailer that we have.  Yeah!! I can start working on stuff again and it's right on the side of my house. Woohoo!!  

So while I had tons of time, my mind was going crazy and I kept going back to things I use to do.  About a year and a half ago I  revamped yard sale and thrift store furniture and I loved it.  When I moved I got out of it for (1. yard sales stink here and (2. no Goodwill's or d.i.'s.. But, I did end up finding me a pretty good thrift store. So for the last few months I have been stocking up on thrift store projects.  I'll post pics once I figure out what exactly I am going to do with them.  Is this something you would like to see more of??  What would you like see from me on my blog? 

I have also been fantasising about redoing the decor in my little home.. My decor is very dark.  Brown leather couches, dark wood and black furniture, lots of rich reds, golds, browns, and blacks.  Pretty much the old world- Tuscany look.  You get what I'm talking about??  Ya I'm pretty over it.  Especially red.  I want some brighter happy colors and not so much dark.  So my first thing Ive been looking for is some fabric for curtains and throw pillows.  Here are fabric samples I keep coming back to.  Which ones do you like best?   
{1.
{2.
{3.
{4.
{5.
{6.
{7.
I cant decide.  I just really like green and turquoise right now and love the designs in most of these fabrics. 

Here are some other fun ideas I would like in my home..
Isn't this wall so cool.  I found this blog Vintage Revivals and she does some supper cute stuff. 
I want these walls though, and this office.. You'll have to go here and check it out. 
I Love LOVE Love this dresser/buffet.  This was done by Dwellings by Devore.  I want this for my living room just to put my TV on. I love the color too.
I want this Ottoman so so bad.  Dining room is pretty cute too. Photo's found from My Home Ideas.
I don't know what my deal is with these chairs but I want two so bad.  I found one at a donation location for the local thrift store and I asked my hub if he thought it was bad if I took it.  He wouldn't let me :(  I checked the thrift store forever after I saw it and it was already gone. But I just found another one in an antique store close to my home and it is $30.  Cant decide if I should get it or not.  That was a little more than I want to spend on just one.  What do you think??

So this is a little more of what you'll be seeing on this blog; my ideas, projects, tutorials on projects, cool finds, and updates on my own makings.  Please let me know if there is something specific you would like to see..

Jennifer

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I like number 1 and 7!
By the way, I saw that exact same chair at my local thrift store! I think if that other one is still there, totally get it!! Every time I want something and then don't get it until it's too late, I'm kickin myself hard later!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...